My name is Alisa and my New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to read more. While I have been reading more, I felt like I wasn't really reading for a purpose (besides the joy and satisfaction of reading of course). I created the Novel Nook so that I can share my thoughts on books with others, and also find out what others thought of the books I've read.
I want the Novel Nook to be a very free spirited blog, where you can express your thoughts on books without the criticism of others (so all you haters out there, this is your warning). As I enjoy reading books that are/may become movies in the future, I may also post my opinions on the movie as well, so feel free to share how you felt about the movie adaptaions.
So, I guess I should tell you a little about myself.
1) I'm from Australia (so I might spell things a little different)
2) My favourite author is Jodi Picoult
3) My favourite childhood book was Beatrice Doesn't Want To by Laura Numeroff
4) My favourite series is Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling (closely followed by the Hunger Games trilogy by Susan Collins)
5) The cover of a book is the first thing I base my reading choices on.
6) I prefer to read one book at a time, rather than start multiple books.
My original goal was to read 1 book per month for 2011, because I’m usually a slow reader. But I know I can do better than this, and as of March 1st, I was up to my 4th book. With the help of this blog, and of you, my fellow readers, I'd like to read as many books as I can. This may be difficult as I'm in my final year of university, but I'll try not to use that as an excuse to often.
Well, I guess this post is getting a little long for a welcome post, and I don't think i've offically welcomed you yet. So Welcome to the Novel Nook, and I hope to post again soon. Bye.